The film, written by Mishna Wolff and based very loosely on the video game of the same name, unfolds in the northeastern hamlet of Beaverfield, home to scores of maple trees and nine cartoonish citizens. With Midland Gas promising residents a huge payoff — but only if all of them make way for a pipeline — tensions are high. Enter Finn Wheeler (Sam Richardson), a park ranger assigned to oversee Midland’s efforts. Finn is a chronic pushover, but Beaverfield’s insanity quickly puts his patience to the test. Especially after the killings start.
“Werewolves Within” darts between sharp visual gags, intricately choreographed scenes and a few standout performances, but its climax lands with a thud. The film’s ultimate villain is not human depravity, as the title suggests. It is a lazily-drawn scapegoat covered in fur. “Werewolves Within” could interrogate sexism, classism or America’s increasingly divided politics, among other things. Instead, this overstuffed script drips with blink-and-you’ll-miss-them jokes that lampoon everything and challenge nothing, least of all monstrosity itself.
Rated R for rude language and light dismemberment. Running time: 1 hour 37 minutes. In theaters.
- [Oddworld： Soulstorm]PS exclusive ‘Oddworld Soulstorm’ will soon arrive for Xbox
- [The Darkside Detective]The Darkside Detective： A Fumble in the Dark Release Date Trailer
- [Super Mega Baseball 2]Super Mega Baseball 2 comes to Nintendo Switch next week
- [The Witness]El Hiblu： Witness recalls asylum seekers panicked when captain changed direction to Libya
- [old fighting games]5 Popular Retro Games That Are Still Classic
- [Agony]Agony Aunt： last of the summer whine
- [is borderlands 3 cross platform]Borderlands 3： Crossplay Is Almost Here for All Platforms… Except PlayStation
- [doom eternal switch]Doom Eternal to Receive PS5, Xbox Series X／S Enhancements on June 29
- [vidmate apk 2020]Vidmate is the best when it comes to downloading videos
- [nox vpn download]Bluestacks vs LDPlayer： Which Android Emulator is better？